Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

GAMESS(US) ifort choice

Dmitry_G_
Beginner

Hello. I'm attempting to compile GAMESS(US) from sources using ifort compiler, but even with the environmental variables set up I get this issue:

Снимок экрана 2017-04-08 в 17.35.40.png

Help me to learn and fix the problem, please. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If ifort is installed on your machine, you will need e.g. "source /opt/intel/compilers/bin/compilervars.sh intel64" (depending on where it is installed and whether intel64 or ia32 support was chosen).  Then the which command and application setup should work.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Intel Fortran (and C, MKL, etc.) is usually installed under /opt/intel or another location chosen at installation time. Within that folder, there is a shell script (ifortvars.sh, ifortvars.csh) that you have to source before the Intel Fortran compiler can be used. Unlike Gfortran/GCC, the Intel Fortran driver is usually not installed in the /usr/bin directory, which is why you have to source the start-up script.

For details, please see the Parallel Studio release notes for your OS and compiler version.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_G_
Beginner

Tim P. wrote:

If ifort is installed on your machine, you will need e.g. "source /opt/intel/compilers/bin/compilervars.sh intel64" (depending on where it is installed and whether intel64 or ia32 support was chosen).  Then the which command and application setup should work.

The thing is that I've done that.

0 Kudos