Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Getting started with Intel Fortran compiler on Windows [help for WSinc only]

WSinc
New Contributor I

from Devorah_H

It would not let me reply to him directly.

I think this is why we are going in circles.

There is no Fortran compiler listed here in installed products,

but no one has told me how get that installed.

(see screen shot)

At least if their suggestions don't WORK, then we keep going back

over and over ad infinitum.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Your screenshot shows that you have Visual Studio with the C++ package installed. You are ready to download (if you have not already done so) and run the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 installer. Close Visual Studio if you have it running before continuing.

If you already have the Intel Parallel Studio installer downloaded, skip this paragraph. The installer is a separate EXE that you have to obtain by signing into the Intel Registration Center from your Web browser, selecting the version that you wish to use, and downloading.

This step may require Administrator privileges. Run the downloaded (or existing) installer on your PC. Select the components of Parallel Studio that you want and install.

Open Visual Studio 2019, and click on Help and then About Microsoft Visual Studio. Do you see Intel Fortran entries?

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I already do have Administration privilige that I use for rhis.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

So was "administrator privileges" the only thing you took away from mecej4's detailed and informative post? 

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

.... and had no comment of feedback  on the substance? 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

@WSinc Please keep your responses and posts to this thread. Any new and duplicate threads/topics will be deleted.

I suggest that you follow the instructions provided by other esteemed forum users and report your results here only (posting anywhere else in response to this thread will be deleted).

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I have a problem responding directly here most of the time.

When I get the message, it says "no reply"

So that adds to the confusion - i'm afraid.

0 Kudos
sinclair__william1

I had partial success this time ! ! 

I was able to download parallel studio, and it appeared to to integrate with the 

VS2019 I had installed.

However, I cant compile this simple source code when I run VS2019

Or try to DEBUG it either.

I thought there was an option to add a new source file to the existing project ?

Well, I could before, but not now - - - 

See Attached screenshot. NOV22A.png

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Posting with different IDs at different times ( @WSinc  and @sinclair__william1) probably adds to the confusion.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I did not change my ID, someone else did.

Do you have any idea why or who did that ?

I can assure you - I have no desire to add to the confusion we already have.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It still looks as if you have not created a project. You can't do anything useful with a source outside of a project.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Having a project is really not the issue,  since I have several projects I have already done. New or otherwise its the same issue.

i. e. I cannot compile the code either in a NEW project, or an existing one.

Even after installing VS Studio Parallel 2020 XE, I still wont compile anything.

It already had VS community 2019 installed.

So something (I think) went wrong with the way they integrated the two ?

any clues about that ? I installed VS parallel, 2020XE version 4.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

JohnNichols_0-1606156637572.gif

Capture.GIF

1. the console1.zip was made with VS 2019 and the latest FORTRAN 
  2. it was created in C:\
  3. if you unzip it and put it in c:\ and then move to the folder console1 - ie down one level and double click on the console1.sln - it will start and should look like the picture 
  4. if it does not start send picture of the response when you double click on console1.sln.

There are no other steps. 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I have become convinced Bill is trolling us. He's been in this forum for many years, and his complaints are always the same - Intel has a bug because he can't follow instructions. Each time we ask him to try A, B and C and show us screenshots. He does Z and sends a screenshot of something else. He starts multiple threads and claims he's being censored.

I'm just glad that I'm no longer being paid to help everyone, so I can choose to ignore those who are intent on wasting the community's time.  I'd recommend that the rest of us do the same. 

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Assentior, Troglodytae malum.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Hi Steve;

I have no desire to "troll" anyone, I am just frustrated in trying to get an answer that actually works. I try a suggestion and it doesnt work, so I have to keep going back.

That is why I wanted to get a one-on-one response, so your forum people can see right away the difficulty this causes re this issue.

and of course they can try things on MY COMPUTER and so  firsthand why their suggestion does or does not work.

It isnt that I dont want or dont know about using the forum.

Its that there is a lot of difficulty having a meaningful discussion.

A one-on-one remote assist is happily something I would pay for .

Why would someone change my login id ?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Nobody changed your login ID. You created a new account. The account ID numbers are different.

I told you what my consulting rates are. Heck, I'll even give you half off.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

how would I create a new account without knowing it , though ?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Nothing would surprise me here. 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Following the changeover of the forum software to Khoros, I noticed at least one instance of a single user-id, @Intel_C_Intel, purportedly an Intel employee, being used to label posts by more than one person. There is even a post with that ID, but signed by Bill_S at the end of the body of the post!

Intel_C_Intel appears to be a generic name for anyone whose real ID was lost during the changeover of the forum software. Here is an example, signed "Fabian", and another, signed "Mikhail". Conversely, when one searches for posts by a certain ID, many times the link (supposedly to a post made in 2008, for example) leads to the current first page of an Intel forum. Presumably, in this case the post has been lost but its title still exists in the catalog/directory.

In yet another twist, a search for posts by the polymorphous and lugubrious @Intel_C_Intel results in zero links to posts !

0 Kudos