Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

Grid control needed in Quickwin apps

dboggs
New Contributor I
Several of my Quickwin applications need to use a grid control in a dialog box--i.e., a table for data input consisting of edit cells, dropdown boxes etc. The table can be large and needs to scroll within the dialog.

There is a .net tool called msflexgrid that looks ideal, but will it work? I don't want to spend hours investigating it on my own, only to conclude that it either doesn't work or is just too complicated to make it work.

There is another product called Winteractor, that is a collection of all kinds of useful routines, including a grid control, and it is dedicated to work with Fortran (Inted and others). Does anyone have experience with this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bmchenry
New Contributor II
I highly recommend Winteracter.
Great product! Takes all the work out of making system calls, creating dialogs, creating editable bitmaps, etc etc etc
and if you move to different plaforms, the code you create moves with you!

I have used Winteracter for >10 years (maybe more?) through many different compilers and flavors of windows, etc and it is an indispensible part of my toolkit.

Brian

p.s. i have no contact or business dealings with Winteracter except having used their product for 10+ years.
and an occasional tech support question which they are very prompt and comprehensive in their responses.

0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I
I agree with Brian's remarks concerning Winteracter, for the same reasons, and also no business relations with ISS except a single license for Winteracter. A caveat for developers of both 32 and 64 bit applications: at the moment it is necessary to acquire two licenses, one for 32 bit, one for 64 bit. ISS, the originator of Winteracter, is planning to offer a new licensing scheme by combining the two licenses into one in the near feature. Just ask before you order in case you need both 32 and 64 bit libraries.
0 Kudos