Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Help me with fortran code please!urgent!

kelly22
Beginner
Hello there!My name is Kelly and i am from Greece,i have to do some homework and the teacher asked us to program using fortran,but i have never learnt fortran!Can you help me write the fortran code please?I think i will need to have the two exercices ready till tomorrow..can i upload the exercices here?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
First you need to ask your teacher to teach you the concept of plagiarism, and know her/his opinions on your taking recourse to plagiarism.

A program is an expression of an algorithm in a programming language. Before you write a program, you have to (i) understand the ideas that form the basis of the algorithm, and (ii) know a programming language sufficiently well to express the ideas.
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I

You can sign up for a 30 day evaluation version of the Fortran Compiler here. And if your need goes further we have academic licenses which are less expensive than commercial here.

This forum is a good resource for specific questions on the compiler Fortran.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos
kelly22
Beginner
//ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
0 Kudos
bendel_boy1
Beginner
Kelly,

If you don't know Fortran, or what a compiler is, and your teacher is setting you these questions, and requesting that you use Fortran, then you need to talk to your teacher.

Ideally you should drop out of the class, take a different class on Fortran (or whatever programming language is offered by your place of learning), then re-apply for your current course after you pass the programming language module.

Until then you would be wasting your time, and possibly money, with the current class, as you appear to have ignored the essential foundation skills for the course.

Your teacher may offer an alternative - using whatever programming language you do know, or discussing what ever realistic alternatives are open to you.
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Kelly,
A teacher asking you to write a Fortran program when you haven't learned the language is strange, very strange.
It is like you asking me to reply to you in Greek.

It is highly unlikely that you would find anyone here who would doyour homework for you because :
(a) you would not have learned anything
(b) if you copy any code written for you, it may have errors and you would not have learned anything
(c) if you don't know Fortran, or compilers etc then how would you be able to testwhat you or anyone else has written?

On the other hand if you have made an effort to write some code and it doesn't work, or it works but you don't understand something, then showing us what you have done and asking for help to understandit or find the problem will usually result in many offers of help.

Les
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
What's your teacher's name? Aristotle?
0 Kudos
Milind_Kulkarni__Int
New Contributor II
Aristotle knows to reply in Greek..

what's in a name -- by shakespeare..

You write program in C, and there are C to Fortran converters to make short-term impression on teacher.
I have not worked with CtoFortran converters how user-friendly code they translate. But, it could be like translating foreign language to native. They can come in handy, thats why they are circulating..

Try if it helps in your homework, if urgent & copy-in copy-out not allowed..
Second requirement, I hope you know C ..
0 Kudos