Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

decompliling static libraries

Cameron_Crum
Beginner
I have a problem in that I have have some static libraries that were written several years ago and compiled on 32 bit machines. The person who wrote these for me is now dead and I can't get the orginal source for the libs. I'd like to recompile these into 64 bit. Is there a way to decompile and then recompile into 64 bit?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Martyn_C_Intel
Employee
Not to my knowledge. However, you can still build and run 32 bit applications on 64 bit systems. You just can't mix 32 bit and 64 bit objects.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III
You are using FORTRAN
Fortran has available OpenMPI.
You could use OpenMPI and split your FORTRAN program into two processes. One process as 64-bit, the other process as 32-bit. And where the 32-bit contains the code that calls the 32-bit static libraries.

This might be easire to implement than to try to reverse assemble a 32-bit library and also easier (for an inexperienced programmer) than trying to impliment your own messaging system using a memory mapped file.

I consider you investigate OpenMPI.

Jim Dempsey
0 Kudos