Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28765 Discussions

How to suppress a particular warning message?

ferrad
New User
Is it possible to suppress a particular warning message (eg. #110) during the compilation process? The documentation only specifies how to suppress broad categories of warnings.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ferrad
New User
I've just seen that I don't actually know the warning message number. I'm trying to suppress the following warning message:
Warning: A jump into a block from outside the block may have occurred.
What's the trick?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The compiler does not offer the feature of disabling individual warnings. I would recommend fixing your code rather than disabling the warning. A branch into a block is illegal and can cause unpredictable behavior at run-time.
0 Kudos
ferrad
New User

Yes that would have been my first choice, but it's not our code - in fact it's Netlib code (http://www.netlib.org/blas/blas2test.f), which is standard off-the-shelf code and I'm loathed to modify it. CVF did not complain.

Adrian

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
AUGH! Assigned GOTOs! This code should be taken out and shot...

I know that the Intel compiler does more analysis of assigned GOTOs than CVF did. I haven't yet spotted if the warning is reasonable - I'll have to play with it some more. You can suppress all warnings if you want, but that's all I can suggest for now.
0 Kudos