Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28500 Discussions

I cannot install the l_fc_p_10.0.023_intel64

freemanty
Beginner
System: Intel 64bit, Ubuntu 7.04

Two problems:
first: After ./install.sh, I was told I need g++. But after installing g++, here is the error:
-------------------------------------------------
/opt/l_fc_p_10.0.023_intel64/./osdetect.sh: line 273: /opt/l_fc_p_10.0.023_intel64/data/chklic.em64t: No such file or directory
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Problem encountered executing CHKLIC_32_64 utility located here:
/opt/l_fc_p_10.0.023_intel64/data/chklic.em64t

The CHKLIC_32_64 program data/chklic.em64t requires these libraries:
not a dynamic executable

-------------------------------------------------------------
Atucally, the file chklic.em64t is sitting just there.
So, I have to remove the g++ package to preceed without it, then
here is problem 2:

S/N doesn't work, I tried to downlond the license file and gave the path and filename:
Invalid license file

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I believe Ubuntu poses special obstacles to installation of 64-bit development tools. You should follow up previous references on this forum, for example.
You need more than the 64-bit g++ development environment; ifort requires at least the 32-bit libstdc++ compatibility shared library, and a means to discover what path it is installed on. The expectation would be that 'g++ -m32 -print-search-dirs' would show this path.
After getting the gnu components in place, you will may have to repeat the ifort installation.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There are known problems installing 10.0 on Ubuntu, and that is not a supported distribution for 10.0. I do not know if there is a way to work around the problems at this time. We will support Ubuntu in an update later this year.
0 Kudos
j4play
Beginner
maybe this thread might help:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=508778

as per my post in that thread, installing lib32gcc1 seemed to fix this for me.

0 Kudos