Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

ICE: Fortran 2008 atan(x,y) in same program unit as atan(x)

scivision
Novice

ifort version 19.0.1.144 gives ICE for:

ifort  -c intel_ICE.F90

/tmp/ifort9yOGb6.i90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for intel_ICE.F90 (code 1)

Where intel_ICE.f90 contains only:

a = atan(x)

b = atan(y, x)

end

It seems the root cause is having the Fortran 2008 atan(y,x) in the same program unit as atan(x), which should be perfectly legal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

According to Intel Support, this bug is reproduced and escalated (CMPLRIL0-31016).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

An internal compiler error is always an error, please report it to the Online Support Center.

scivision
Novice

This also happens with ifort 18. 18.3, 19. Ever since this feature was added.

For some reason I cannot login to support center. Hopefully an admin could pass this info along.

Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

I reported it with your name and the link to this forum under support ID# 04039118.

Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

According to Intel Support, this bug is reproduced and escalated (CMPLRIL0-31016).

View solution in original post