Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ICE: ifort 2021.1 Beta 20200827

awvwgk
Novice

Reference: https://github.com/fortran-lang/stdlib/issues/249

I was trying to build a project with the oneAPI Fortran compiler and encountered an ICE in the projects test suite. After tracking the issue down I could produce the following minimal working example to trigger the ICE:

program mwe
   implicit none
   integer, parameter :: dp = selected_real_kind(15)

real(dp) :: d(2, 3), e(2, 3)
   logical :: stat
   d = reshape([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], [2, 3])
   e = reshape([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], [2, 3])
   stat = all(abs(e-d) < epsilon(1.0_dp))

end program mwe

Will produce an ICE with `-standard-semantics` flag:

> ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 2021.1 Beta 20200827
Copyright (C) 1985-2020 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

> ifort mwe.f90 -standard-semantics
mwe.f90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for mwe.f90 (code 1 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alina_S_Intel
Employee

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention! 

I confirm the issue for beta10, but Parallel Studio compilers 19.1.x are good including the latest one. I tested the upcoming oneAPI 2021.1 ifort release in the HPC Toolkit and it does not ICE. We should be releasing oneAPI next week. Please wait for that release and try this again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Sebastian,

There is a dedicated forum for Fortran issues (Intel® Fortran Compiler - Intel Community). We are transferring this query to that forum.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Alina_S_Intel
Employee

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention! 

I confirm the issue for beta10, but Parallel Studio compilers 19.1.x are good including the latest one. I tested the upcoming oneAPI 2021.1 ifort release in the HPC Toolkit and it does not ICE. We should be releasing oneAPI next week. Please wait for that release and try this again.

Alina_S_Intel
Employee

The fix is available in Intel® oneAPI 2021.1.

0 Kudos