Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28630 Discussions

(IMSL) Application version > License version: 6.00 > 5.00

plyoungmin
Beginner
Hi.
I just installed IMSL library 6.0 of which the department has a license.
But execution of the sample code generated the following error message.
-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
client: License file does not support this version.
Feature: IMSLFPC
Application version > License version: 6.00 > 5.00
License path: C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VNI\\license\\License.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-21,126
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide, available at "www.macrovision.com"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Does this mean that the license for version 6.0 has expired?
If that's the case, can I use version 5.0
instead of 6.0
if I install it ?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
From the information that you provided, it appears that your version of IMSL was obtained separately from VNI, not from Intel. (In fact, it is not clear that your Fortran compiler is from Intel.) If so, you need to contact VNI ( http://www.roguewave.com/products/imsl-numerical-libraries.aspx ).

The error message is quite clear. It says that the license file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\VNI\license\License.dat ) is for IMSL 5, whereas the application that you attempted to run was linked to IMSL 6. There is no expiry date at issue here.

If you have a license file for IMSL 6, as you wrote, set the environment variable VNI_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE, as appropriate, to the full path of the license file.

You can install and use IMSL 5, but if you have a license for IMSL 6, that would be a step backward in functionality.

0 Kudos
plyoungmin
Beginner
Thanks. I fixed the problem by using the latest license file.
0 Kudos