Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IMSL installation

Weixue_Tian
Beginner

I have Intel Parallel Studio 2015 (via floating license) installed on my desktop, and recently purchased an IMSL add-on license. But the IMSL installation failed, with the error message of "the license file provided is invalid". 

Any thoughts of what might go wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I'm going to suggest you ask in the Licensing forum. Kevin is no longer with Intel so he won't see this. The folks in the Licensing forum can help you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I will work with you offline to resolve this issue and then come back to this post to share any learnings that can benefit others.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The underlying issue in this case was due to expired support services for the Parallel Studio XE subscription. One's IMSL and PSXE subscriptions are both checked by the IMSL installation. Installation of the add-on requires tat both PSXE and IMSL support services to be current/non-expired.

0 Kudos
Weixue_Tian
Beginner

Kevin, 
   I recently replaced my desktop and unfortunately the same problem occurred again. I didn't find my record how the problem was solved last time. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Tian

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I'm going to suggest you ask in the Licensing forum. Kevin is no longer with Intel so he won't see this. The folks in the Licensing forum can help you.

0 Kudos