Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF 9.0 and 8.x side by side?

orhun
Beginner
Can I install IVF 9.0 and 8.1 side by side and switch between them easily?

If not it makes it so hard to update the compiler and also maintain released software.

I am open to suggestions how to approach this problem.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, you can.

1. The command-prompt versions coexist very easily.
2. You can have only one version at a time integrated into the IDE, but the 9.0 IDE adds an option (under Tools..Options..Intel Fortran) to select whether you want the 8.1 or 9.0 compiler.
0 Kudos
orhun
Beginner
Nice...

Thank you.
0 Kudos
don-philp
Beginner
Steve,

You mentioned that the VS IDE provides the option of 8.1 or 9.0?

I am confused as you can only have one integrated and once uninstalled 8,1 "disappears"??

What was the trick I missed to have Tools/Option/Fortran/compiler version show v8.1 and then how would it be invoked.

Thanks

Don
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
If you install the VS.NET integration that comes with 9.0, a new option appears under Tools..Options..Intel Fortran: "Selected Compiler Version". If you have 8.1, you can choose between 9.0 and 8.1 here. This changes the paths for the compiler so that you use whichever compiler (and include files and libraries) you select. When you build, it will tell you which compiler you are using.

Oh - to clarify. You would not uninstall 8.1 completely, just remove the VS.NET integration for 8.1. The compiler would still be there.

Message Edited by sblionel on 06-22-2005 09:08 AM

0 Kudos