Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF tools with Visual Studio 2015

LRaim
New Contributor I

About integration of IVF 2017 with Visual Studio 2015.

"Intel Inspector 2017 help" and "Intel Advisor 2017 help" lines provide empty pages.

Regards 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Are you actually asking about Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017? That is now two versions old, and the issues you describe aren't related to Intel Visual Fortran.

0 Kudos
LRaim
New Contributor I

I want to notify Intel people of two defects in the product I am currently using for developing application.

The Intel Inspector and Adviser tools are bundled in the IVF professional version license. Update 8 of the 2017 IVF version has been released just a few days ago so the product is supported.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Report it at https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US  There is no such product as "IVF professional version" (at least not for many years). The product you refer to is Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Professional Edition. Yes, Intel Visual Fortran is one of the components, but not the ones you are taking issue with.

0 Kudos
LRaim
New Contributor I

Hope someone of Intel people managing IVF and Visual Studio integration will consider this message.
A am currently using 'premier support' for more serious issues. This forum reports many issues related to IVF and Visual Studio Integration.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This is primarily a user-driven forum. The support center is the best way to get the attention of Intel. I will note that the issues you raise have nothing to do with Intel Fortran or its integration. They are related with the integration of Intel Inspector and Intel Advisor, which are separate components developed by separate teams. You could try posting in the forums for those components if you wanted. But I'll also note that while Intel will accept support requests for the 2017 versions, I can pretty much guarantee that you won't get a fix for the problem (if it is indeed a product problem) in that old version. Updates to older versions are done only for critical issues, such as fixes for Spectre/Meltdown security problems.

I'm just being realistic here, knowing how these things work.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve:

Given the frequency with which Intel Fortran is updated now and the rather excellent response from Intel to most difficult problems, I cannot see that any real issue exists.

I can remember the days of Microsoft Fortran 3.3 and then Power Station, the difference is the horse and cart and the light saber.

0 Kudos