Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26746 Discussions

Inability to load "incompatible" files following Visual Studio 19 update

Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

Microsoft sent out an update to VS19 Community this am (HST).  Before that, my VS19/PSXE2020u4 system was working fine.  After updating, I attempted to restart VS and continue my work, but got message "There was a problem opening 'FSSRM.for'.  Please load the 'COGNIT (incompatible)' project and try again."  I got a variant of the same message for COGNIT.for.  Those were the only two files open in the VS19.  There was some other stuff, which I can provide if needed, including Error Code: 0x0000139F.

In addition to attempting to reload my project, I also tried all possible combinations of reinstalling PSXE2020u4; no joy.  Would appreciate having a way to avoid completely rebuilding this project (for the second time ...)

Mahalo, Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee
  • Open a Windows Explorer (file) window to view the solution folder.
  • Click View, then Options.
  • Click View
  • If not already selected, click "Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files, folders and drives
  • Click OK
  • If you now see a folder named .vs, delete it.

Now try VS again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee
  • Open a Windows Explorer (file) window to view the solution folder.
  • Click View, then Options.
  • Click View
  • If not already selected, click "Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files, folders and drives
  • Click OK
  • If you now see a folder named .vs, delete it.

Now try VS again.

View solution in original post

Jastcher
Beginner

made an account just to say THANKS!

Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

Thanks, Doc.  Your solution got me part way to where I needed to be.  However, it also revealed a shortcoming in how my project files were set up, so I ended up doing a complete rebuild anyway.  I think it's a worthwhile investment in the future.

Thanks again for your help.

Aloha, Mike