Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Including FORTRAN DLL in C++ Project

Alexander_W_1
Beginner

Hello,

I already searched a lot in the internet, but did not find an answer that works for me. As the topic already says I have a C++ solution/project and want to use a DLL and a lib created with FORTRAN. I added the lib at "Additional Dependencies" of the project and the DLL as well as the lib is in the same folder as my solution/project. Here is a piece of my code, that hopefully is enough to localize the problem:

using namespace std;

HINSTANCE h_FORTRAN_dll;

typedef void(*__FABER1_DLL)(int   *IDFEIN,  float *RFEIN,   int  *JFEIN,  char **CFEIN,
		                    int   *IDFAUS,  float *RFAUS,   int  *JFAUS,  char **CFAUS,
		                    int   *MENZFE,  int   *MEMRFE,  char **MECSFE,
		                    int   **MEI4FE, float **MER4FE, int  **MEKTFE);
	__FABER1_DLL  _FABER1;

typedef void(*__FECIFE_DLL)(int   *IDFEIN, float *RFEIN, int  *JFEIN, char **CFEIN,
		                    float *RINIT,  int   *JINIT);
	__FECIFE_DLL  _FECIFE;
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{

if (!(h_FORTRAN_dll = LoadLibrary("AsIntf.dll")))
	{
			printf("\n*** AsIntf.dll not found. Aborting.\n"); exit(-1); return 0;
	}

_FABER1 = (__FABER1_DLL)GetProcAddress(h_FORTRAN_dll, "_FABER1");
	_FECIFE = (__FECIFE_DLL)GetProcAddress(h_FORTRAN_dll, "_FECIFE");

// declarations of variables

// Calling the function:

_FABER1(&IDFEIN,  RFEIN,   JFEIN,  CFEIN,
		&IDFAUS,  RFAUS,   JFAUS,  CFAUS,
		&MENZFE,  &MEMRFE, MECSFE,
		MEI4FE,   MER4FE,  MEKTFE);

// "JFEIN" is an input value, and "RFAUS" should send back a value.

The code can be built and it is possible to debug. But when I want to see the value of "RFAUS" I get "Error/No Values/Wrong programming area".

Has anyone an idea what could go wrong?

Thank you, Alex

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Might you show us the header of the Fortran routine(s) - SUBROUTINE statement, declarations of all arguments and any directives? Please also show us the command line used to compile the Fortran code. 32-bit or 64-bit? I can think of several possibilities, but would prefer to wait until I saw more data.