Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Individual file

Joaquin_S_
Novice

Getting started with Fortran in Visual Studio. I am doing this tutorial with several exercises. I opened a file (File > New > File), wrote a program but dont have the option to build it. Do I have to create a Project each time I want to write a program?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Valued Contributor III

If you use the Visual Studio interface, yes: it uses "solutions" and "projects" to organise the files. While that is convenient, if you have a more extensive program, for small programs of just a single source file or even a few source files I find that a significant overhead. But that is a matter of taste. For this situation I often use the command-line interface.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

I suggest using New Project rather than New File. Select Fortran Console Application > Sample Application. This gives you a template source file you can edit. To build, select Build > Build Solution.