Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Install Error on oneAPI 2021.4

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The latest base kit and the HPC provide error messages for the integration into Visual Studio 2019 Community.  

I needed to rerun the installer for VS to get the errors corrected, which suggests that you may have a problem with a VSIX file on the installer, but I could be wrong.  

I can send you the log files if you tell me where to find them. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I installed the .4 oneAPI and it went on without the previous error's. It runs nicely.  

Interesting, Windows 11 - preview 22504 seems to work.  

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Yes, a logfile would be nice. We will check this out. I didn't have issues with integration on my system.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Where would I find the log files, please?

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Here you go.  

I am using Windows 11 22468 and the latest VS 2019 is having problems with VSIX installation files on this version.  

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Windows 11?  That's not supported yet with oneAPI.  See the Base ToolKit System Requirements

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

In all probability there will be someone in Intel looking at Windows 11 and oneAPI.  Hence my suggestion on the logs. 

I am aware of the issues of using Windows preview, I have done so for 5 years, but I can say that after spending a day working on a Windows 10 machine, I much prefer Windows 11 to 10.  But most older machines, even those that are listed as ok, may have problems installing Windows 11.  I have one of those. 

Another example, the VS 2022 Preview does not support the VS Color Theme VSIX system, but I like the red color theme, so I fixed the 2019 VSIX for the 2022 system.  So now I have red.  

2022 has a few interesting features that are an improvement on 2019.  

Note from Microsoft.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, we are thrilled to announce Windows 11 will start to become available on October 5, 2021. On this day, the free upgrade to Windows 11 will begin rolling out to eligible Windows 10 PCs and PCs that come pre-loaded with Windows 11 will start to become available for purchase. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately the world does not stand still and someone is the first ID 10 T into the breach. 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

When you're on the "bleeding edge," be sure to have bandages at hand.

Windows 11 and VS 2022 are on the roadmap for oneAPI products.

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

Once upon a time, my mate, and I use that term lightly in the Australian context, rolled our Toyota pickup in the desert in Australia.  I mean the real desert, you go to Ayers Rock, Uluru, turn north and drive for about 500 miles, you turn right and drive another 100 and you are in the desert.  He rolled it when I was teaching him to drive in deep sand. 

Some one had attached the tool box to the outside of the pickup tray and my mate, rolled onto it, we had not tools and a mess.  

And no radio with us, we survived, the pictures are good.  

So I understand the bandages concept. 

ONEAPI works fine with Windows 11, and VS 2019.  MS make incremental changes and then test them with a lot of first users.  

I was asked to look at a Windows 10 computer the other day, Windows 10 is no fun once you are used to 11. 

So thanks for the thought.  

I can just see this crowd in the 60's standing on a beach, holding their boards and saying, man look at those waves.  It would make a great picture. 

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

Further to the crowd shot,  it is pity we cannot do such things, forums are great but there is no human interaction. So imagine

Red HeadRed Head

This is the shark tower at Redhead Beach in Australia, yes they have real sharks and yes they are mean.  

Picture, Steve stands in the middle, "it was better in the 50's - we used long boards", Jim, stands beside him with his rabbit fingers behind, saying, yes but fibreglass, mecej4 kicks the sand and tells us the complete history of the shark tower, including that it was built by Romanian expats after WW2. Mary, Barbara and Devohah stand on the left hand side, waiting for the banter to stop and the surfing to begin. FF is taking the picture, he borrowed his mother's camera without telling her. David W and I stand just behind talking about the latest mini, and the Doc is making sand angels, cause that's what a bored boy does. 

Barbara says hurry up, before my father and his mates get here and hog the waves.  The sun gently rises in the east. 

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

Doc's vehicle that take us all to the beach.  - No more. 

surfing-australia-vw-kombi-van-jorgo-photography-wall-art-gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
Theshe
Novice

@JohnNichols wrote:

The latest base kit and the HPC provide error messages for the integration into Visual Studio 2019 Community.  

I needed to rerun the installer for VS to get the errors corrected, which suggests that you may have a problem with a VSIX file on the installer, but I could be wrong.  

I can send you the log files if you tell me where to find them. 

Same problem here. For me, manually installing the VSXI extensions, after the Intel installer failed to do so, has worked though!

You should find the files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler_ide\2021.4.0\windows\ide_support\VS16\C++

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for the note.  I am quite happy at the moment using the last Parallel Studio, it is a pain to install oneAPI and then take it out again, but I will try.  

I put VS 2022 on my machine, but the color themes do not load and so I had to doctor the VS 2019 color themes to get them running on VS 2022.  I like the red color and really dislike the standard MS colors.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I installed the .4 oneAPI and it went on without the previous error's. It runs nicely.  

Interesting, Windows 11 - preview 22504 seems to work.