Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

Installation Composer XE 2015 Update 7

Indix
Beginner

Hi!

I wonder if any of you may help me to track down the installation file for the Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 15.0.7.287. It is the Composer XE 2015 Update 7.

I tried to look for the older versions but the oldest I found was a 2016 version.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

It that the most recent your licence allows? If not why not use a later version. If it isn't at the Intel download centre which has older versions then you could try a support ticket. Generally they only have that last update level for a particular version.

0 Kudos
Indix
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I need that compiler because a model on PSCAD for power systems simulations needs it to be run.
I have already asked for help to the Intel support but I don't have any answer yet.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Often the compatibility means only that was the last versions they tested. In many cases a latest version can be used with no problems or some minor path changes in scripts.

DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Seems to me that PSCAD are dragging their heels!  The 2020 release of PSCAD only offers support for IVF 14 and 15.  They should be prompted to update their product to make it compatible with the currently supported version of IVF.  As an apparently commercial product (charging for support, at least - could not see where to purchase it), it should not be dependent on unsupported applications.

0 Kudos
hudaijun
Beginner

Hi!

Could you please tell me where to find the XE 2016 Update 1? I just need this version for some compilation but the oldest version I can find is 2017.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You cannot just "find" older versions of the Intel compiler product. If you have a currently valid paid license for the older version (or a more recent version, including the current version) you may request Intel Support to make the older version available to you. The readers of this forum cannot help in that regard.

On the other hand, most requests that we see in this forum for older versions are based on the incorrect assumption that the current version will not work and that a specific older version must be used, or because someone (or another vendor's instructions for installing Intel Fortran as a prerequisite) says that the older version is required.

It is much easier for you and us if you obtain the current version and try it on your application. If you run into problems you can post your findings here and usually we can help you to get it to work. 

You will find similar advice from an Intel employee in this recent thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/intel-parallel-studio-XE-2016-composer-edition-and-fortran-only/m-p/1208297/highlight/true#M151697 .

0 Kudos