Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Installation Issues: Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 3 Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows

Joon_S_1
Beginner

Hello, 

I am trying to install the Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 3 Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows and I keep getting the following error message:

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 3 Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).
  Execution of installation process failed.
    Module name: vs_isoshell.exe
    Application returned error code: -2147205120

My goal is to add on the Intel(R) Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 6 for Windows* to be able to use the 2013 Fortran composer. 

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. 

J. Song

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_W_Intel

Hi,

this seems to be a Visual Studio* issue. You find the error code (converted to hex: 0x80044000) in the Visual Studio administrator guide: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee225238.aspx . ; Installing .NET Framework 4.5 might solve the issue. 

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos
Joon_S_1
Beginner

Hello Alexander, 

Thank you for your feedback. .NET Framework 4.5 is already installed in the system. Do you have any other  suggestions?

Regards, 

Joon

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I'm a little confused. I thought you and I already resolved this issue via Intel Premier Support issue # 6000161390. The installation logs you provided me for this earlier case were analyzed by our installation team who identified the underlying problem was a third-party issue and we provided specific instructions on how to resolve it to which you confirmed after following those the installation of our product was successful.

Is the issue not resolved?  If you need to, let's please reopen that IPS issue and we continue our correspondence there.

I also noted you have another ongoing Premier issue # 6000161770 on this same matter so I’ll notify the owner of that.

0 Kudos