Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Installation Problem

John_I_2
Beginner

I Installed Intel Fortran (Composer Edition For Visual Fortran without Visual Studio). It tells me it installed correctly but it didn't. When I look for it in the start menu there are only links to documentation. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You need to install Visual Studio, then redo the Intel Parallel Studio install. If you have a Commercial or Academic license, A Fortran-only environment based on Visual Studio is included. Are you installing a version older than 2016 that had separate downloads for with and without Visual Studio? Which version are you installing and what license type do you have?

You should have seen a message at the start of install that Visual Studio was not found.

If you installed Visual Studio 2015, read https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-visual-studio-2015-for-use-with-intel-compilers

0 Kudos
John_I_2
Beginner

I have been told that it is possible to use INTEL Fortran without getting Visual Studio (using Microsoft SDK instead). I thought I would try and see if I could make this work. I downloaded a trail (30 day) Intel Fortran yesterday along with Microsoft SDK. But it doesn’t seem to work. The START menu doesn’t show the options that the documentation indicates should be there. Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please install VS2015 Community Edition, following the instructions in the link above to select C++, then uninstall and reinstall Intel Parallel Studio. The SDK is not sufficient anymore.

0 Kudos