Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28493 Discussions

Installing Fortran Composer XE 2015 Version

Gerald_R_1
Beginner

I downloaded the full Composer XE 2015 Fortran version and run the exe with PC admin rights.  The installer started to unpack file to C:Programs Files(x86) folder and opened the Intel Installation window.  However, this window then immediately 'crashed-out', with nothing installed.   I downloaded the online 2015 installer version but the same thing happened.

Next step was to download the Fortran 2013 SP1 version and installation proceeded up to the 'enter licence key no's', so installation appears to be okay for the 2013 version (I stopped the install at that point).

My PC is running Windows 7 with M/S Visual Studio 2010 Pro installed, together with M/S .NET Framework 4.5.1.

Any ideas on why the the 2015 install has a conflict but not 2103?

Thank you, Gerald Reeves.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

See if the solution described in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/544642 works for you. Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Gerald_R_1
Beginner

To Steve Lionel, Intel    -    Just as an update;  I think the solution described in your reference will probably work for my PC.  According to the PC Task Performance Window, the installation process has stopped because a 'trustnet certificate' needs to be installed.

However, I cannot download this additional Security Certificate until the IT/Security department has given it the 'all clear'.  So for the present, I've installed Fortran 2013 SP1 wihich is working well.  Will provide a further update if I try again to install Fortran 2015.

Thank you for the help,

Gerald Reeves.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for letting me know. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This problem was fixed for Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1.

0 Kudos