Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28443 Discussions

Integration failure between Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 4 Cluster Ed. and VS 2017

li__hanyu
Beginner

I first installed VS Community 2017. Then I proceed to install the parallel studio. During the installation, the prerequisite check was fine. The setup detected the correct version of VS. The setup summary also indicates that the integration between Parallel Studio and and VS 2017 will be installed. No problem was experienced during the installation process. However, after it's complete, I tried to create a new project in VS 2017 with Fortran template. It does not show up. I also tried to load previous Fortran solutions. The system indicates that it is not supported.

Please help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sorry to hear you also experienced this issue. We are investigating similar reports to identify the root cause and appropriate actions to correct it.

To aid in our investigation of this instance can you please look in your TEMP directory (in a file explorer window type %TEMP% in the address bar) for a folder with a name starting with pset_ and ending with your username. Inside there will be folders from recent install attempts - zip up the latest one and send it to us. For privacy you can attach that to a private reply (use the Send Author a Message link) to me if you wish.

Thank you

0 Kudos
li__hanyu
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

I found the folder you mentioned but since I performed a system cleanup on my computer last night. I am unable to retrieve the installation logs anymore. Is there any other place that has stored the attempts?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

No there is not another location where those are stored. When you installed Visual Studio 2017, did you explicitly check only the 'Desktop development with C++' component?

If not, will you please uninstall PSXE 2017 Update 4, modify/repair your VS 2017 to add that C++ component, and then retry the installation of PSXE 2017 Update 4.

0 Kudos
li__hanyu
Beginner

Yes, I did install that component.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Ok. Unfortunately without the logs we can't know what the situation is. If you wish, you could perhaps attempt a Repair operation on Parallel Studio XE 2017 or uninstall our product completely and redo the installation. Before trying either of those, you might verify that only the 'Desktop development with C++' component is installed under VS2017.

If you do either and still have problems then please capture the logs and provide those to us so we can analyze them.

I'm sorry that you have experienced problems with the installation.

0 Kudos
li__hanyu
Beginner

Sounds good. Do you mind provide the email address where the logs should be sent to?

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

You can report the issue and upload the log files using our Online Service Center : http://www.intel.com/supporttickets or use the "Send Author a Message" link on the forum message header bar to send me a message and attach the zip to that.

(Internal tracking id: INST-4175)

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

This failed installation incident was resolved. It appears an incomplete VS2017 installation was in play. The customer confirmed a complete uninstallation of VS2017 and PSXE 2017 and re-installation of both was successful. They noted for their case when re-installing VS2017, only install the desktop module, and then proceed to the installation/integration of PSXE. Once the integration is complete, you can install more VS2017 modules. However, installing additional modules into VS2017 prior to the completion of PSXE integration will result in failure of the integration.

0 Kudos