Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Integration of intel parallel studio cluster 2017 (fortran) with MVS 15

antari_k_
Beginner

Hi Steve,

I followed "Troubleshooting Fortran Integration Issues with Visual Studio" but I am getting this error in command prompt

C:\Users\antari>cd %VS140COMNTOOLS%

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools>cd ..\..\Intel Fortran\VFPackages

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Intel Fortran\VFPackages>integrate.bat "%VS140COMNTOOLS%" /u
"VFHieEditor.dll" - unregistered
"VFAVwin.dll" - unregistered
"VFProjConvert.dll" - unregistered
"VFProj.dll" - unregistered
devenv /setup

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Version 14.0.25420.1.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

The operation could not be completed. The requested operation requires elevation. Completed

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Intel Fortran\VFPackages>integrate.bat "%VS140COMNTOOLS%"
Failed to register "VFProj.dll"
Failed to register "VFProjConvert.dll"
Failed to register "VFAVwin.dll"
Failed to register "VFHieEditor.dll"
devenv /setup

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Version 14.0.25420.1.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

The operation could not be completed. The requested operation requires elevation. Completed

I have installed the C++ package in MVS but the program that I want to run keeps saying that fortran compiler is not found.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.

Antari

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The "requires elevation" message occurs because you are running the commands under a command-prompt that is not running with Administrator level permission. Whichever shortcut you use to start the command-prompt, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.

What is the nature of your original problem that led you to trying these repair steps?

0 Kudos
antari_k_
Beginner

Hi Steve,

It worked but I am still getting the same error of fortran compiler not found. I am trying to use this free software called ADAPT V and it requires a fortran compiler so I installed MVS 15 community version first and then intel parallel studio 17 cluster edition. I thought there was an issue with integration but I followed two of your threads "does visual studio community 2015 support fortran?" and "Troubleshooting Fortran Integration Issues with Visual Studio" to fix it but it still doesn't work.

What do you think might be the problem here?

Thanks for your suggestions.

All 4 dll files in VFpackage were registered successfully.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I'm not actually Steve but that's ok. Doctor Fortran officially retired but we are grateful he does still visit the forum often.

Where does the build failure occur, when building under Visual Studio or via command-prompt?

Can you show us the actual error?

If you are using the compiler via the command-line, is that within an Intel compiler pre-initialized command-prompt window?   (i.e. starting a command-prompt from the shortcuts available under the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 program group)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

And I am Steve...

The commands you show in the original post are those found in this support article. The article does say:

First, open a command prompt with Administrator privileges. From the Start menu, select Accessories.  Right click on Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator". (Windows XP users can just click on Command Prompt to open the prompt window.  You can use any Command Prompt shortcut you have available.)

Kevin asked the right question - what is the original problem?

You say you installed C++. In Visual Studio, select Help > About, then "Copy Info" and paste the result into a reply here.

0 Kudos