Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Fortran Compiler 16.4

md26
Beginner

Hello. Is it possible to download the Intel Fortran Compiler 16.4? I need it for a CFD software, and the company is insisting on using 16.4 over newer versions. If anyone knows if it is obtainable, I would be very grateful to know. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There was no "16.4" version of the Intel Fortran Compiler. Did your company mean Intel Parallel Studio 2016 XE Update 4? The last update of that version is "16.0.8.254 Build 20180409".

0 Kudos
md26
Beginner

I must of had the wrong name for it. That is probably why I could not find it. Is Intel Parallel Studio 2016 XE Update 4 available for download anywhere? I appreciate the clarification.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Not from the Intel Registration Center - Intel removes very old versions from download. The 2017 version is there. In nearly all cases, "requirements" of ancient versions are bogus - there's no valid reason not to use a current compiler.

If you currently have support, you can make a request to Intel Support - sometimes they can provide an older version that way.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

See this recent post about obtaining old versions of the compiler. I think that versions 16.x are no longer available.

Often people request an old version without any valid reason other than hearsay regarding its working on some occasion. It is often less trouble to try the latest version first -- it will run on current hardware, current OS, etc.

0 Kudos