Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0.1 for Mac OS X 10.13 and Xcode 9.2

warpino
Beginner

Hi all,

I am using Mac OS X 10.13.2 and Xcode 9.2.

I am trying to use the Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0.1 with Xcode but the integration does not seem to be working.

I am not able to add a build rule for Fortran files nor I can select the Intel Fortran Compiler for my projects.

I tried to reinstall the compiler but didn't help. The directory 

/Library/Application\ Support/Developer/

mentioned in the Reference Guide does not exist either.

According to the release notes both OSX 10.13 and Xcode 9 are supported.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Vlad_V_
Beginner

I have the same issue

0 Kudos
McKinnon__Steve
Beginner
I am having a similar issue. My 'intel software manager' application only shows the outdated 2016 version I had installed years ago, and will not update to the 2018 despite my license being up to date. When I manually install the 2018 U1 version it does not show up in my build rules list just like you are experiencing.
0 Kudos
McKinnon__Steve
Beginner
I had the trial version working on this version of macOS / Xcode before I upgraded to the paid version. They only thing that changed between now and then was the Spectre / Meltdown security patch for macOS. Just a thought for any devs out there who might be listening.
0 Kudos
McKinnon__Steve
Beginner
I was able to install Xcode 9.1 alongside 9.2. Rename the 9.1 version as Xcode Fortran, and reinstall the Intel Fortran Compiler for Xcode. When being asked for the Xcode installation directory, and point it at the Xcode Fortran.app instead of Xcode.app. This will solve the issue temporarily.
0 Kudos
wang__yabing
Beginner

Did anybody solve the problem about the intel fortran 18 and Xcode 9.2? I installed both software correctly, but there is no Intel® Fortran Compiler in Using,is anyone who can help me with this? I will be very appreciate about your help.

0 Kudos
MALIK__HAS
Beginner

Gents

I am a new bee to the programming world. I have just installed the latest Fortran compiler version from the website. My Xcode is showing colour changes so I am assuming there is no hiccup there. What I need help with is 

1. How do I execute this program? Are there any instructions you can fwd me which details running program on MacOS machines 

2. Furthermore, if you can send me the relevant commands that I need to type in my "terminal" I will be much grateful to you

Many thanks 

HAS 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

McKinnon, Steve wrote:

I am having a similar issue. My 'intel software manager' application only shows the outdated 2016 version I had installed years ago, and will not update to the 2018 despite my license being up to date. When I manually install the 2018 U1 version it does not show up in my build rules list just like you are experiencing.

This kind of licensing and download issues should be reported via Online Service Center at https://supporttickets.intel.com/  
Instructions on how to file a ticket are available here: 
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-create-a-support-request-at-online-service-center  

0 Kudos
pDs
Beginner

Dear Devora,

I followed the guide however, I had trouble setting build rules for the project to compile fortran script using ifort. After adding a build rule, I don't find Intel Fortran Compiler listed in the list of compilers I can use.

How could I resolve this?

Devorah H. (Intel) wrote:

Malik,

https://software.intel.com/en-us/fortran-compiler-18.0-developer-guide-and-reference-using-xcode-macos should be helpful.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0.1 does not support Xcode 9.2.  It works just fine with Xcode 9.1. I requested that the release notes be clarified.

Xcode 9.2 will be supported in a future compiler release.

0 Kudos
chandler__colin
Beginner

Hi Folks,

Just an FYI, I just downloaded the latest Intel Fortran installer (2018.2.036) and reinstalled, leaving the default /Applications/Xcode.app as the installation directory. After relaunching Xcode (and accessing the Build Rule again) I have 3 new choices:

Intel® Fortran 18.0.2.164 (Limited Feature)

Intel® Fortran Compiler 18.0 (Limited Feature)

Intel® Fortran Compiler Latest Release (Limited Feature)

Hope that helps!

-- Colin

0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

When can we expect xCode 9.4 support?

0 Kudos