Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28479 Discussions

Intel Fortran Compiler 9.0 for Windows* product update is now available for download.

don-philp
Beginner
Ummmmmmm, not at the site
https://premier.intel.com

as far as I can see???

Don
0 Kudos
11 Replies
hansr
Beginner
I also can't find it at this time.
Hans
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We removed it temporarily - there's an installation annoyance we want to address. Stay tuned.
0 Kudos
emc-nyc
Beginner
Ah, that explains it.

As a vaguely related issue, it would be nice if the email notification gave some information about what changes are in the product update.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The README file and the release notes are available for separate download. Our space for text in the download announcement itself is limited. But we know we need to do a better job here and work is in progress to address it.
0 Kudos
emc-nyc
Beginner
I wouldn't expect (nor would I particularly want) the entire "READ.ME" file; just an executive summary. ;-)
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Wow, the installation programworked fine through de-install and new install, but must it be, that all my menu adaptations get lost? It's terribly fiddly!
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which "menu adaptations"? Is this in VS.NET?
0 Kudos
ipattielgc
Beginner
The update went smoothly for me as well, though the message (sounds like)"IDE depends on C++ compiler, Ok to remove it?" was a bit confusing, since I had not installed C++, butI said yes and my MS VSC++ is still there.
Seems like the string libraries are working very well in 9.0, I seem to recall that with 8.1 my apps that did a lot of character manipulation were about the same speed as with CVF 6.6, but with IVF I see about a 30 percent improvment. Very nice! 'course, IVF was always the best number cruncher.
Looks like it fixed the DLLEXPORT problem I was having when using iface:cvf in release mode.
Very good work, thanks! Ian.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, that "C" in the warning message was bogus. It has since been fixed. Thanks for the kind words.
0 Kudos
hansr
Beginner
Yes, in vs.net.
The buttons find next, find last, run to cursor, define next statement, and so on.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ok. Unfortunately, the way MS has "partners" load integrations into VS.NET causes all your menu customizations to be lost. I think I heard that that will change in VS2005.
0 Kudos