Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
26847 Discussions

Intel* Fortran Compiler in oneAPI can not detect my visual studio 2019 wihle installing

Sean4
Novice

while i install oneAPI to use Fortran it warning. $~_WQND2[U)N43QLNTF~0YX.png

Intel* Fortran Compiler (Beta) & Intel* Fortran Compiler Classic will not work because none of the supported environments is found on yourcomputer.
Intel" Fortran Co mpiler (Beta) & Intel* Fortran Compiler Classic requires that Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 or 2019 should be already installedand none was found on your computer.

But I do got a VS2019(the latest version).

If I continue to finish the installment the Fortran won't appear in VS2019 as an option.

Y3RQFC78XOPT`YF5ORW@[AU.png

And I don't know if it's related, I didn't use the default path while install VS2019 because I don't got that much space in my c:\ .

I have tried the following but they won't work.

1.repair my VS2019;

2.repair my oneAPI.

What shoud I do? NEED YOUR HELP!THANKS

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sean4
Novice

Thanks to all friends above and sorry for not reply intime. Finally I've solve the problem by reinstall the VS2019 to C:\ .

I think it was because that at first I install the VS2019 in C:\ but my C:\ got no place after install it. So I remove the VS2019 so that my C:\ can have enough space to work. But the remove was not that thorough. It left some packege about VS2019. Then after I reinstall my VS2019 to D:\, the oneAPI still check my VS's existence in C:\ where only left a bunch of empty package. So the oneAPI keep warning me that.

Thanks for all your idea again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

Did you request the VS2019 installer to install the "optional" components needed for compiling C/C++?

Can you compile, link and run a C "Hello World" or other short program, either from VS or the command line? These VIsual C tools (linker, libraries, etc.) are prerequisites for installing Intel Fortran.

I routinely install Intel Fortran and VS in a directory of my choosing, and have never run into a problem because of that choice.

Sean4
Novice

Thanks for your advice. What your mentioned is part of the reason too, I didn't select the C++/CLI surpport for v142 generation tool. Without that I cann't use the Fortran eventhough I reinstall my VS2019 to C:\.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee
Sean4
Novice

Thanks to all friends above and sorry for not reply intime. Finally I've solve the problem by reinstall the VS2019 to C:\ .

I think it was because that at first I install the VS2019 in C:\ but my C:\ got no place after install it. So I remove the VS2019 so that my C:\ can have enough space to work. But the remove was not that thorough. It left some packege about VS2019. Then after I reinstall my VS2019 to D:\, the oneAPI still check my VS's existence in C:\ where only left a bunch of empty package. So the oneAPI keep warning me that.

Thanks for all your idea again.

View solution in original post