Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Fortran Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio

Moel
Beginner

Hello,

I am using a software (Aspen) which requires both Intel Fortran and Microsoft Visual Studio in order to run my simulation.
I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 (I checked to see if those versions can be integrated and they can). Firstly, I installed Visual Studio (all boxes checked during installation) and then Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019. Then I checked if the installation succeded and it did, as seen below:

37 IVF14_VS12   OK    Intel Fortran 2019 and Microsoft Visual Studio 14/2015

Next step is compiling the fortran code, so I place it in "C:\UserModels", then I open the Simulation window and type :

C:\ProgramData\AspenTech\Aspen Plus>cd ..
C:\ProgramData\AspenTech>cd ..
C:\ProgramData>cd ..
C:\>cd UserModels
C:\UserModels>aspcomp usrknt.f

And I get the following message : 

ASPCOMP: Warning! Intel Fortran compiler ifort.exe not found in %PATH%
'ifort.exe' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

Error in compiling preprocessed file: Check compile.log

I already followed these steps (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio/) to repair but it still doesn't work.

How to fix this problem? I appreciate if someone could explain to me in a simplified way because I am no software engineer and I have no idea how to fix this!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This is an issue with ASPENPLUS, not Intel Fortran. You'll need to ask Aspen support.

0 Kudos