Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26733 Discussions

Intel Fortran Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio

Moel
Beginner

Hello,

I am using a software (Aspen) which requires both Intel Fortran and Microsoft Visual Studio in order to run my simulation.
I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 (I checked to see if those versions can be integrated and they can). Firstly, I installed Visual Studio (all boxes checked during installation) and then Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019. Then I checked if the installation succeded and it did, as seen below:

37 IVF14_VS12   OK    Intel Fortran 2019 and Microsoft Visual Studio 14/2015

Next step is compiling the fortran code, so I place it in "C:\UserModels", then I open the Simulation window and type :

C:\ProgramData\AspenTech\Aspen Plus>cd ..
C:\ProgramData\AspenTech>cd ..
C:\ProgramData>cd ..
C:\>cd UserModels
C:\UserModels>aspcomp usrknt.f

And I get the following message : 

ASPCOMP: Warning! Intel Fortran compiler ifort.exe not found in %PATH%
'ifort.exe' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

Error in compiling preprocessed file: Check compile.log

I already followed these steps (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio/) to repair but it still doesn't work.

How to fix this problem? I appreciate if someone could explain to me in a simplified way because I am no software engineer and I have no idea how to fix this!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

This is an issue with ASPENPLUS, not Intel Fortran. You'll need to ask Aspen support.