Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Fortran License Transfer

ATTesla
Novice

Hello,

Our old server got broken and we would like to install our perpetual license on a new server. 

However, I cannot download the license from my Intel account since our support has expired. All buttons are greyed out, and when I try to generate a CSV file, it returns a file with only headers on it. 

We need two types of licenses - one Host License and one Use Server license.

If our support has expired, can I transfer the license to a new Host Machine?

Thanks,

Askhat

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ATTesla
Novice

Got it working now. Thanks, Steve! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

My recommendation would be to install the current compiler, part of the oneAPI HPC Toolkit, that does not require a license. See the sticky threads in this forum. You are using a several-years-old version at best - Intel Fortran is now free for everyone.

Otherwise, I suggest you ask in oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation - Intel Communities

0 Kudos
ATTesla
Novice

Steve, the software we use requires the Intel Visual Fortran, and oneAPI does not work with it. 

I contacted oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation - Intel Communities   but still waiting to hear back....

Thanks,

Askhat

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I would be quite astonished if the oneAPI compiler really "didn't work" with your software. We frequently see requests for ancient versions, only because a software vendor hasn't bothered to test with newer versions. 

I do know that Intel, for reasons that escape me, cuts off the ability to manage still-valid licenses if your support has expired. You'll get help from the other forum, but it may take a while.

0 Kudos
ATTesla
Novice

Got it working now. Thanks, Steve!