Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Fortran compiler 2013 SP1

Yadav__Geetanjali

Hello everybody,

I want to download and install the free student version of Intel Fortran compiler version 2013 SP1. However, the last version I can see from the dropdown window is 2015 Initial release. How to obtain an older version like 2013 SP1?

Please help.

Thank you

Geetanjali

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

As far as I know, student licenses don't permit installing ancient versions of the compiler. Use the current one. If someone tells you that a particular old version is "required", they're wrong.

0 Kudos
Yadav__Geetanjali

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response. Actually, I have to use the Intel Fortran compiler with Aspen Plus V 10, and I need this particular version (2013 SP1) so that both of these are compatible. Last year I used the older version only, but this year the option is not available to choose.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Geetanjali

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Yadav, Geetanjali wrote:

.. Actually, I have to use the Intel Fortran compiler with Aspen Plus V 10, and I need this particular version (2013 SP1) so that both of these are compatible. ..

@Geetanjali,

I suggest you work with the Aspen PLUS(TM) vendor and their support re: your issue.  You can rest assure there is NO need for a specific version of Intel Fortran compiler to work with V10.  Contact Aspen support to help you use your student licence version of Intel Fortran compiler..  

0 Kudos
Yadav__Geetanjali

Okay. Thank you. I will contact AspenTech Support with my query. although, I feel what you are suggesting to me is correct. I will check.

Thanks again

Geetanjali

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

What usually happens in cases such as this is that the vendor has tested with only one specific compiler version, so they say that's the only one supported. Sometimes the vendor has a configuration script that doesn't know how to locate newer versions, but that is easily remedied. If you run into problems with the combination of Aspen and the 19.0 compiler, and AspenTech support doesn't help you resolve it, show the symptoms here and we'll try to help.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

As mentioned by other forum members, there is no need for a specific version. However, you will have to modify the Compilers.cfg file in the AspenPlus installation files to include the version of Intel Fortran and the version of Microsoft Visual Studio. You may refer to the instructions on how to do that in my post in the thread below:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/805393

After modifying Compilers.cfg, you will need to rerun the Fortran compiler setup utility from the Aspen menu and select the correct version for setup. There may be a few more steps in case you are building a USER2 unit operation, which is something I do regularly and have to go through the same steps each year when I upgrade my Intel Fortran license to the latest version.

0 Kudos
Yadav__Geetanjali

Dear Steve Lionel,

Many thanks for your valuable suggestion. I downloaded the newer version of Intel Fortran compiler from the options and it worked. Indeed what you said that probably the vendor has checked only with one version and didn't try all of them. Thankfully, I am able to run my programs now.

Thanks again for your great help and advice from time to time.

Geetanjali

0 Kudos
Yadav__Geetanjali

Dear Avinash,

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion. You are absolutely correct, I am building a USER2 block in Aspen Plus and therefore need to compile my Fortran codes using the Intel Fortran compiler. Out of several (almost 47) different combinations, I chose one using the newer version of Intel compiler now. It's working. It's just that the previous version which I was using last one year wasn't available anymore and therefore I was confused if any of the newer versions would be compatible. I am so glad to get the help here in this forum.

Thanks again so much

Geetanjali Yadav

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Dear Geetanjali

Last week I pulled out some code developed in 1968 ie "very" old Fortran and it ran after making three small changes, it objected to three commas, with the latest Fortran compiler.  Intel has a superb development team that makes sure it is reasonably transparent and this forum is about as good as it gets.  Although they can be old and ornery some times, except Steve. 

Always use the latest. 

John

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Since I am no longer part of Intel, I now have permission to be old and ornery.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance -- David Mamet

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

true to the last statement - where did you get the picture of the cat math and the young lady -- it is very good 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I believe that the young lady is mathematician Grigoriy Perelman's daughter: http://cdn.attackofthecute.com/October-30-2012-01-00-49-u.jpg .

0 Kudos
Yadav__Geetanjali

Dear Nichols John,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Indeed, this forum and people (especially Steve) are very helpful. I don't know where I would have ended for seeking help if not this forum. 

Feels blessed. I have thanked this forum in the acknowledgment section of my Ph.D. thesis last month. :)

Hope to receive such support even in the future and would be ready to help if I could to the fellow members.

Best,

Geetanjali

0 Kudos