Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Fortran compilers

Krishna_J_
Beginner

can we all composer/ cluster and professional editions installed on Ubuntu 14.04  ? cos cluster edn gives message it cant be installed on ubuntu14.04.

is composer edition available for students on trial basis for 12 months.. it shows 30n  days trial period when i try to download . i am a student.

kj

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ubuntu 14.04 is supported by Parallel Studio XE 2016. Which version were you installing and what was the exact text of the error message?

You can request a free student license - see https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

0 Kudos
Krishna_J_
Beginner

Dear Steve

i go to

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe

under free trials and downloads, i click linux OS and then composer edition for FORTRAN,

it opens a new tab and says 

Try Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux* for 30 days - free   even i am a student

pl help how can i get 1 year trial periods for intelParallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran

Kj

0 Kudos
Krishna_J_
Beginner

while installing cluster edition on ubuntu. it checks prerequisites. there it gives this message Ubuntu 14.04 is not supported

0 Kudos
Krishna_J_
Beginner

i am a new user and not familiar with features. Pl clarify

1  do the Intel® Math Kernel Library include compilers for fortran and c++ also

2  can i compile source codes in fortran using Intel MKL

thanks

Kj

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I do not speak for Intel, but my understanding is that the answer to both the questions in #5 is "no". The MKL distribution contains libraries (static and/or shared), header files, example sources, some makefiles and documentation. You may use the GNU compiler(s), or qualify for, download, install and use the Intel compilers.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There is no one-year free trial. We offer a 30-day trial of the products to anyone. We have a free "performance libraries" download but that doesn't include compilers. The link I provided earlier tells you how to apply for a free student license for the compilers. There are some restrictions and qualifications for that.

0 Kudos