Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013

Subramani_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I don’t see the “Intel Visual Studio mode” to open a command window as mentioned in the get started. All I see is Intel Software Manager. 

Do I need Visual Studio to be able to compile Fortran?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You may find this easier to understand - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio/

0 Kudos
Subramani_S_
Beginner

Thank you very much. It seems like Visual Studio is a requirement? 

I am told to use Visual Studio 2010. Any suggestions on where I can purchase it?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, it is not a requirement as long as you have a Commercial or Academic license and don't want to use languages other than Fortran. The product will install a Fortran-only development environment based on VS2010 (for the Intel version you are using) if you don't already have a supported Visual Studio installed. If you are using a Student or Evaluation license, then you do need to separately install Visual Studio (with C++ support).

0 Kudos
Subramani_S_
Beginner

Thank you. Is Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 compatible with Windows 10? We are experiencing difficulty installing it.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It may not have been tested with Windows 10, but it should install and work fine. Please describe in detail any problems, including complete and exact text of any error messages.

0 Kudos
Subramani_S_
Beginner

The installation seems to stall during step 25 of 26. No error messages.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Is that the "Adding Visual Studio Integration" step? That one can take 5 minutes or more. 

0 Kudos
Subramani_S_
Beginner

Not sure if that was the step or if it even specified. All we can remember is it was 25 out of 26 and got stuck on "Configuring installer".

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The information " it was 25 out of 26" is probably not very useful, since the number of steps to be performed is dependent on the previous state of your machine (re software packages previously installed) and the items chosen for installation from the Parallel Studio Installer. It would help if you noted the "installing ..." message that preceded the failure.

There should be a log file in your %TEMP% directory from which you could ascertain details regarding how the installation failed.

0 Kudos