Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018 has been released!

Devorah_H_Intel

The D-Day is here!

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018, including Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler 18.0, is now available from the Intel Registration Center. Release notes can be found here.

The Intel® Fortran Compiler now supports all features from the Fortran 2008 standard. Additional Fortran 2008 features added in the Intel® Fortran 18.0 release are noted below:

• COMPILER_OPTIONS and COMPILER_VERSION in ISO_FORTRAN_ENV
  • COMPLEX arguments to trigonometric and hyperbolic intrinsic functions
  • FINDLOC intrinsic function
  • Optional argument BACK in MAXLOC and MINLOC intrinsic functions
  • Multiple type-bound procedures in a PROCEDURE list
  • Passing a non-pointer data item to a pointer dummy argument
  • Polymorphic assignment with allocatable Left Hand Side (LHS)
  • Allocatable components of recursive type and forward reference
  • Data statement restrictions removed

Language features for task reductions from the OpenMP* Technical Report 4 : Version 5.0 Preview 1 specifications are now supported.

Visual Studio 2013, 2015 and 2017 are supported. Visual Studio 2015 Shell is included for Commercial and Academic license types if you don't have a supported Visual Studio installed.

Please see the release notes for more details.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Felix_R_4
Beginner

Great! I purchased Parallel Studio XE 18 with IMSL (Composer edition). Now I am having problems setting up IMSL with the included VS 2015 shell. I did everything exactly as described in here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries. However, when I compile my code, I get an error message telling me that "error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths."

Of course, I went back to the installation description and think that I did everything I was told to do. Any idea what else could be the cause of this? My code worked just fine using Fortran 11.1.

Thanks!

Felix 

0 Kudos