Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26734 Discussions

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018 has been released!

Devorah_H_Intel

The D-Day is here!

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018, including Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler 18.0, is now available from the Intel Registration Center. Release notes can be found here.

The Intel® Fortran Compiler now supports all features from the Fortran 2008 standard. Additional Fortran 2008 features added in the Intel® Fortran 18.0 release are noted below:

• COMPILER_OPTIONS and COMPILER_VERSION in ISO_FORTRAN_ENV
  • COMPLEX arguments to trigonometric and hyperbolic intrinsic functions
  • FINDLOC intrinsic function
  • Optional argument BACK in MAXLOC and MINLOC intrinsic functions
  • Multiple type-bound procedures in a PROCEDURE list
  • Passing a non-pointer data item to a pointer dummy argument
  • Polymorphic assignment with allocatable Left Hand Side (LHS)
  • Allocatable components of recursive type and forward reference
  • Data statement restrictions removed

Language features for task reductions from the OpenMP* Technical Report 4 : Version 5.0 Preview 1 specifications are now supported.

Visual Studio 2013, 2015 and 2017 are supported. Visual Studio 2015 Shell is included for Commercial and Academic license types if you don't have a supported Visual Studio installed.

Please see the release notes for more details.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Felix_R_4
Beginner

Great! I purchased Parallel Studio XE 18 with IMSL (Composer edition). Now I am having problems setting up IMSL with the included VS 2015 shell. I did everything exactly as described in here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries. However, when I compile my code, I get an error message telling me that "error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths."

Of course, I went back to the installation description and think that I did everything I was told to do. Any idea what else could be the cause of this? My code worked just fine using Fortran 11.1.

Thanks!

Felix