Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 19.1.3.311

Nadia
Beginner

Hello

I am running PSCAD for power system simulation. PSCAD requires Intel visual fortran to compile user defined models. I am using Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 19.1.3.311 integrated with Visual Studio 2019. 

I am experiencing an issue running the simulation after successful generation of .exe files that are required to run two sub-models in parallel

The simulation is stopped by unexpected error. No runtime errors were left to identify the issue. However, the last file was under execution prior simulation halt was a Window Batch File that call the fortran compiler batch file to "pushd" the .exe file 

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.4.311\windows\bin\ifortvars.bat" ia32
pushd "C:\Users\nadia\Desktop\xxxx_xx\yyyy_yyyy.if15_x86\"
yyyy_yyyy.exe -v4 xxx.xxx.x.xxx 30449 locale=english-us
popd

I tried to run this batch file manually after the simulation has stopped. In the CMD window I captured this error which was going endlessly in repetitive manner (Exchange Error: Unexpected error in the transport mechanism)

Can you please provide any advice or recommendation to get this simulation running with this version of compiler? if its not possible, how can I get older version of the compiler (IF12 or IF15). It seems from the experience of others the simulation seem to run fine with older versions of intel fortran

Greatly appreciate your suggestions

Many thanks

Nadia

0 Kudos
0 Replies