Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed

slampo
Beginner
I installed the following version of Intel Visual Fortran compiler w_cprof_p_11.0.066_intel64 on a HP XW8600 work station with aXeon X5482 processor and I get the following error messageIntel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed. Other threads talk about needing a different version, if so what version do i need?

Thank you
Steve
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You installed the compiler for building 64-bit applications only. If you want 32-bit applications, then download the one ending in _ia32.exe, or the one that has both IA-32 and Intel64, which has _novsshell.exe at the end.

If you do want to build a 64-bit application, you need to change the build configuration. Select Build > Configuration Manager, then for Active Solution Platform, select New.
0 Kudos
slampo
Beginner

Thank you for the above answer, I now am getting a Fatal error LNK1112 Module machine type 'X64' conflicts with machine type 'X86' any ideas?
Thank you
Steve
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This means you are mixing 64-bit and 32-bit objects. If you're doing this in Visual Studio, I'm not sure how that happened, as it normally keeps those things separate.

Try a Build > Rebuild Solution and see if that does the trick.

What did you do after installing the 32-bit compiler?
0 Kudos
Wael_S_
Beginner

Dear Steve;

I installed on my lactop intel visual fortran copmpiler pro 11, also I installed IMSL fortran library, unfortunatelly both of them  do not work correctlly. Moreover, I cann't   use the math libraray. I stopped my resarch and thinking to use the old comaque visual fortran professional with IMSL library which was much easier to use compare to the intel visula fortran where we have a trouble in compiling and using the math llibrary. I dont know what I have to do in order install the intel visual fortran and match the libray with it. It is boring to work with and I lost a lot of time.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Wael,

You have not given me any details as to what goes wrong, what the error messages are, what you're trying to do. As far as IMSL goes, please read Configuring Visual Studio for using the IMSL* Fortran Numerical Library

0 Kudos