Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 now available!

Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 (compiler version 13.0, MKL version 11.0) is now available at the Intel Software Development Products Registration Centert! Among the new features is support for Visual Studio 2012. Enjoy!
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Abhi, I am not exactly sure what you are saying. There is a Windows bug where if the PATH is extended past some non-deterministic length, Windows will actually delete the contents of PATH the next time you log in. We've discussed this with MS and put a warning message in the installer if it looks as if it might be a problem. What happened to you?
0 Kudos
intelsupport1
Beginner
Hi Steve Yes, it's the Window's path. I did not see a warning message; at least there wasn't an "alarming pop-up". I am going to try to install again (with path variables restored) and see what happens. Abhi
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I suggest going through PATH and removing any unnecessary entries. For example, if you've installed the 2013 product, take out any entries from the 2011 product as they are superfluous.
0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
Steve, I downloaded the novsshell version using the download manger. However when I try to run it, I get the message "Error while extracting file C:\Program Files (x86(\Intel\Download\f_studio_xe_2013_novsshell_setup\installs\cpro\installs\1033\w_cpromkl_intel64_11.0.0.089\data1.cab Zlib library error (data error). Is there a problem with the file on the server, or does this mean that even using the download manager, my copy is corrupted? Thanks, David
0 Kudos
Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III
Hi Steve, I would like to read the release notes from http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-composer-xe-2013-release-notes/, but the access is denied to me although I'm logged in? The readme at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-visual-fortran-composer-xe-2013-for-windows-initial-release is not much detailed and the information is a little bit confusing: Why is the static library of OpenMP not provided anymore and why is Intel® Parallel Debugger Extension also no longer provided? Some more information would be nice. Kind regards, Johannes
0 Kudos
Ilie__Daniel
Beginner
I have problems with the XE 2013 Release Notes, too. I can access the XE 2011 Release Notes successfully.
0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I
We all seem to have problems to access the Release Notes. Let's wait a day until Intel has fixed that problem, and maybe a few others as well, including the Forum access.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sorry about all the site issues - we did a lot of testing but new problems popped up when we went live. I know about the release notes article - I have attached them here and hope you can read it here. Also, the site errors are making it difficult for me to participate, so please be patient.
0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I
Thanks, Steve. In the meantime I had no problems installing and running the new version, but the Release Notes give me a feeling of security, just in case....
0 Kudos
Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III
Thank you Steve for providing the release notes. Am I right, that due to the lost of the possibility to link the OpenMP lib statically I have to install the corresponding redistributables on every computer my program should work every time I update my Compiler? Or will the libs be compatible from initial release of XE 2013 to let's say 2013 update 2? Kind regards, Johannes
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
When you distribute a new version of your program, you should make sure that the Intel library DLLs are at least as new as what you built and tested against. We don't promise old runtime libraries work with newly-compiled code.
0 Kudos
abhimodak
New Contributor I
Hi Steve I believe this has been reported earlier....The installation completely corruputed (removed) the "PATH". Abhi
0 Kudos