Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran Installation Issue

brendensa
Beginner
I have a problem installing the Intel Visual Fortran for IA-32 and Intel 64 (with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Premier Partner Edition*) (Version: 11.0 Build: 075 Build date: 09 Jun 2009) on windows 7.

Although I go through the installation and get the 'Installation succsessful' message at the end I encounter an error during the installation:

"Error 1316.A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Intel\\Download\\FortranCompilerPro11.0\\Installs\\1033\\w_cprof_vs2005\\PPE\\4237e0.msi"

Both the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler and Visual Studio 2005 show up under "Control Panel > Program and Features" and in the folder C:\\Program Files (x86), but not in the start menu, and I am unable to launch Visual Studio. Is there any other way to access andrun Visual Studio ?

I have tried to reinstall but I always get the same error message and problems.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
First of all, that version is not supported on Windows 7, though it might work. 11.1.046 is the first version supporting Windows 7.

Uninstall the compiler and also uninstall Visual Studio 2005 Premier Partner Edition. Reboot and temporarily disable antivirus software. Run the setup from C:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\Download\FortranCompilerPro11.0 and see if that works.

I would very strongly recommend your installing Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011, the current version and one that is supported on Windows 7.
0 Kudos
brendensa
Beginner
Ok, thank you for a quick response.

I installed the 11.1.046 version and it seems to be working correctly now.
0 Kudos