Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Visual Fortran run-time error

ppxiao
Beginner
I have the program writting in C++ with MFC and calling Fortran subroutine. Compling and Linking are successful. When I execute the .exe file, there is Intel Visual Fortran run-time error

forrtl :severe(38):error during write, unit -1, file CONOUT$

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which specific version of Intel Visual Fortran are you running? I am looking for an answer in the form of 11.x.xxx. There was a time when doing a "console" write when no console was present would get you this error. There was another time when if you used AllocConsole to create a console and then wrote to it, you'd get this error. The former was fixed in 11.1.051 and the latter in 11.0.075.
0 Kudos
ppxiao
Beginner
I am currently using 11.1.048. Thank you for your advices. So I should update to the lates version and try again.
0 Kudos
ppxiao
Beginner
Hi, Steve,

Where can I get the update patches for Visual Fortran? I only found the whole package for visual fortran. http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-professional-edition-for-windows-evaluation/.

I got this warning:
warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Could this be the problem for the error?

I have the value get back right from Fortran dll, but not be able to be used in the C++ code. I am using MFC in a shared DLL, and Multi-threaded DLL for Runtime Library. I also set additional dependency for linker input. The code is also attached. It called a simple Fortran. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You get the updates by logging in to the Intel Registration Center. If you have not registered your serial number, do it here first. Once registered, you will receive a notice of all updates.

Your DLL project links to the Debug Multithreaded DLL libraries, which is the default on a debug configuration, but your C++ project has overridden that option and specifies the non-debug Multithreaded DLL libraries, resulting in the linker warning. It does not affect the run-time error.

Did you know that you can have both projects in the same solution, and have the DLL project a "dependent" of the executable? This will link in the DLL export library automatically.
0 Kudos
ppxiao
Beginner
Hi, Steve,

Thank you very much! I just registered. Hopefully I can receive the link for updates soon. Currently what I can access is still the whole package. Do you think that it will cause some problem if I reinstall the package 11.1.060 instead?

Right, when I was trying to figure out the problem, I added the Fortran project and removed that project later. I should remove the dependency as well.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There won't be a problem if you reinstall 11.1.060. Our "updates" are full installs. If you log in to the Intel Registration Center you will be able to download the latest compiler you have support for. You won't get an email until the next update is released.
0 Kudos
ppxiao
Beginner
Hi, Steve,

Thank you so much! After updating FORTRAN to the latest version, it works.

Thanks a million!
0 Kudos