Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Intellisense in mkl

Nikitopoulos__Theodo

I am doing some experimentation in parallel studio xe 2017 with visual fortran.  If I use a standard function (e.g. matmul), then I'm getting intellisense with the function's definition and all the necessary parameters. If I use instead the mkl function (e.g. sgemm), then I don't get anything. I tried to include the mkl libraries both with the automatic and the manual options (check here). I have an access to the mkl documentation, but I would expect a better interoperability between mkl and the visual studio tools. Is it possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I inquired with our integration team about the behavior and about what is possible. I'll let you know what I hear.

Nikitopoulos__Theodo

Thanks a lot for the update. This behavior is already available in the C/C++ compiler, so I would expect to have something similar in Fortran.

Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

At the Developer's request, I submitted an internal tracking report on this. I was informed Intellisense in Fortran is something we implement ourselves (unlike with C++ which reuses Microsoft's) so they will investigate this further.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200416951)