Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intellisense is not working for FORTRAN variables declared in mixed or lower case letter.

Sudip_Chakraborty

I am trying to debug a FORTRAN code written in mixed case letters. The project is setup as VS 2013 project with Intel(R) Visual Fortran 2015. I just cannot make the IDE display the variable value while debugging. However, if I retype the variable in uppercase in the watch window, it displays fine. Is there a setting I have to turn on to make this work? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sudip_Chakraborty

I figured this out following the thread  https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/392429. I discovered the thread later, after posting my request.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I'm glad you found a resolution.

It appears this behavior has changed in VS2015. I do not have the older PSXE 2015 (15.0)  integrations installed but with our PSXE 2017 (17.0) integrations I am not seeing this behavior under VS2015. I confirmed the variables are not accessible under VS2013 (w/17.0 integrations) with Native Edit and continue enabled, but with those same integrations under VS2015, with Native Edit and continue enabled,  I am able still view scalars/arrays on the Watch/Quickwatch/Local views.

Again, glad you found a resolution. Thank you for post back your resolution/finding.

0 Kudos