Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26732 Discussions

Internal MPI error! cannot read from remote process

paul_g_1
Beginner

On my Dell laptop (E7440 with an Intel i7), mpirun on my program terminates with the following:

Fatal error in MPI_Recv: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPI_Recv(224)...................: MPI_Recv(buf=0x8cb720, count=9882, MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION, src=1, tag=100, MPI_COMM_WORLD, status=0x7ffc71f7f0b0) failed
PMPIDI_CH3I_Progress(623).......: fail failed
pkt_RTS_handler(317)............: fail failed
do_cts(662).....................: fail failed
MPID_nem_lmt_dcp_start_recv(288): fail failed
dcp_recv(154)...................: Internal MPI error!  cannot read from remote process

On my Dell desktop (T7810 with Intel Xeon chips), the same code executes just fine.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You already posted that here. I moved it to the Clustering Technology forum (and left a redirect) because it isn't a Fortran issue.

Luis_Diego_C_
Beginner

Ok. You moved it but still without any solution nor workaround.

Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

As it's an MPI issue and not a Fortran issue, the MPI/Clusters forum is where the MPI experts hang out and is your best bet for a useful response. You would be unlikely to get a meaningful answer here.

If you have a support license, you can instead submit an issue through Intel Premier Support.