Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28655 Discussions

Internal compiler error because of -ipo option

inkant
Novice
Dear Everone,

Here is what I have encountered with a code to happen. It compiles just good with -O3 -xHost, but did not compile with -ipo

Any Ideas ?

ifort -O3 -ipo -xHost feb28.f -ofeb28
ipo: remark #11001: performing single-file optimizations
ipo: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortrt63rJ.o
backend signals

fortcom: Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

ifort: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 3)

I also installed glibc-static but RHEL6 gives following warning with -fast option with another version of my code

ipo: remark #11001: performing single-file optimizations
ipo: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortYVaIow.o
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.4/../../../../lib64/libpthread.a(libpthread.o): In function `sem_open':
(.text+0x764d): warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

Best regards,
Inkant

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please attach a copy of the feb28.f file and tell us the CPU type you are using (or if removing -xHost eliminates the error.)

The warning you are seeing is not from Intel code.
0 Kudos
inkant
Novice
Dear Steve,

Attachment Info:
Here is the source code in a zip archive. *.d and *.inc are reading and Include files.

xHost option
Yes, removing -xHost also removes the problem.

cpuinfo:
CPUinfo : model name : Intel Xeon CPU E5440 @ 2.83GHz
System has two procs with total 8 cores

Regards,
Inkant.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please also show the output of "ifort -V"
0 Kudos
inkant
Novice
ifort -V
Intel Fortran Intel 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel 64, Version 12.0.2.137 Build 20110112
Copyright (C) 1985-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ah, it was the Intel 64 build I was missing. I can reproduce this and will report it to the developers. Issue ID is DPD200166654. Thanks for letting us know.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This was a bug in the loop fusion part of the optimizer. It has been fixed in our sources but I don't yet know when the fix will appear. I will add a note when I learn this.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is fixed in Update 5 for Fortran Composer XE 2011.
0 Kudos