Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Is it possible to add FORTRAN intel 11 to VS2010

bohluly
Beginner
Dear All
I useFORTRAN intel 11 by VS2008 but when I install that withVS2010 itdoesn't show FORTRAN compiler in list oflanguages in VS2010.
Have anybodycomment about that ?
Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The release notes that accompany every issue of the compiler specify the prerequisite software and officially supported OS and VS combinations. There have been many posts made here in the second half of year 2010 which stated clearly that no minor version of IFort 11 was intended to work with VS2010.
0 Kudos
onkelhotte
New Contributor II
Download the XE Compiler and install it as an evaluation copy.

Now IVF 11 will be integrated in VS2010 as well (but this wont work with IVF 10).

Under VS2010, go to the IVF Options and select your IVF 11 compiler. See this thread for more information: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=81407&o=a&s=lr

Markus
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I was about to post that that wouldn't work, but amazingly it does. I wonder if that's deliberate. The thread you point to has me explaining how to have version 12 in VS2010 and 11.1 in VS2008, which is another thing entirely.
0 Kudos
onkelhotte
New Contributor II
Im sure that this is deliberate. The integration installer says, that it will integerate IVF11 as well, but it wont add IVF10.

Our partner companies want, that our code is compiled with the same version of IVF as they do.

When some use IVF12 and some IVF 11, Id have to buy two licences of VS.
And I rather dont want to miss the multithreading extension of .NET4 (for example a IVF11 dll in a C#4 project).

Markus
0 Kudos