Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Issues after removing intel parallel studio

Ajay_N_
Beginner

Hi,

Visual Studio 2008 was building my fortran project fine until I removed the intell parallel studio from the control panel. Now it gives me a microsoft development evnironment message saying "Configurtaion Debug|Win32 requires compiler support for the Win32 platform but not installed. What has gone wrong here?

Thanks
Ajay

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You removed the Fortran compiler, which is part of Intel Parallel Studio XE. (I assume that's what you removed, and not the old C++-only Intel Parallel Studio.) Reinstall.

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner

I used to work earlier without parallel studio (this was a trial version). I have a licensed intel visual fortran compiler 11.1.051 with which I used to work earlier and I have reinstalled that. Is there a way I can suggest the visual stuido ide to recognize this compiler?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

A fully successful removal of parallel studio should have restored visual studio to original state so that the individual ifort product could be installed and integrated. However without the expanded files of the parallel studio installer you may have failed to restore vs to original state. If parallel studio is gone you should be able to run the visual studio repair and reapply service pack then install ifort. I struggled with this for weeks myself. If vs2008 can't repair you must remove it as well as intel compilers and start over.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

My experience is that you will need to reinstall Fortran.

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner

Okay, I reinstalled the evaluation version of parallel studio, it worked now it throws me this error:

Error 1 Error A license for FCompW could not be obtained

My evaluation license expired, but I have a licensed intel fortran 11.1.51 with me. I tried reinstalling that but it still finds my evaluation version of fortran from the evaluation version I installed. How do I revert back to my old compiler?

Thanks
AJ

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You can delete the expired license file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses but typically an expired license will just be skipped over if a valid license is found. Note that if your full license is old, its support term has probably expired which will mean you can't use a more recent version of the compiler. We have an offer for a discounted renewal, no matter how old your license was. See the sticky topic in this forum for details.

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. But the folder shows me a a licenses dating to 2012, so I believe it would be the license of the original compiler. So surely no point deleting that, I just want visual studio to start compiling with the licensed version, i have no idea how to do that !

And yes, I will speak to my university and get my upgraded version, but ya that would take time.

Thanks
Ajay

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please use "Send Author a Message" after doing the following and attach the intel.txt file generated. You need to send this privately as it includes information about your license.

Open a Fortran command prompt window for version 11.1.

Set default (CD) to a writeable folder (such as your desktop)

Type the commands:

set INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=intel.txt
ifort -what

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner

Thanks steve, I sent you the file

0 Kudos