Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Issues/error messages with XDR in Fedora Linux

GS76
New Contributor I

Hi all,

I am running a finite element analysis software that uses Intel Fortran, for user subroutines, running on Fedora 32 Linux operating system.

The FEA software and Intel Fortran are functioning as they should separately however, I receive the following messages in the LOG file pertaining to xdr. I am unsure what these messages pertain to i.e. is it an OS issue, missing packages, something missing in the Intel installs etc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

As far as I can guess, the error has nothing to do with Intel Fortran. You are linking with a library (libmnf.a) which has routines that call symbols that presumably are in the XDR library (originally from Sun), which may be available from your Linux package source. Make sure that the XDR library is present, and tell the linker to use that library and provide its location ( -L <path_to_XDR_library_directory> -lxdr).

0 Kudos
AndreasL
Beginner

GS76, did you ever solve your problem with the not-found library? I'm in the same situation using the same software, marc, but version 2021.1 and intel 2019.6.

(sorry if this is a bit of grave digging)

/Andreas

0 Kudos
GS76
New Contributor I
Hi AndreasL,
This is an issue in Fedora. It could not be resolved. Fedora does not support the library.
I changed over to the developer version of Redhat on Linux.
MSC Software support only assists users if they have installed the correct versions of either SUSE or Redhat as specified in the MSC Marc documentation.
I hope this helps you.
0 Kudos