Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Java Calling Fortran - details?

sarosh
Beginner
Hi,
I'm writing a program to call Fortran subroutines from a simple Java application.
In between the Java and the Fortan, I'll have a C++ wrapper which will be invoked by JNI, which will in turn call one Fortran subroutine which will call all other subroutines (sounds nice, doesn't it?).
Anyway, what I would like to know is howwould I go about compiling all of this. I have an example of this type of work happening on this link:
Any help would be appreciated.
Sarosh
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sarosh
Beginner

Hi,

I noticed that a person by the name of Lorri Menard wrote this article, and that this person also frequents these message boards. Would it be possible for someone to contact this person so that I may ask them this question?

Thanks!

Sarosh

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sarosh -

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sarosh -

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sarosh -

I'd be delighted to help, but I'm not sure what exactly you are asking!

Are you using command line, or a GUI? Which versions of C and Fortran are you using? What have you tried that hasn't worked?

Regards -

- Lorri

0 Kudos
sarosh
Beginner

Hi Lorri,

Thanks for your assistance, I greatly appreciate it.

Basically, the compilers I'm using are CVF and VC++ 6.0. As for the java compiler, I'm using J2SE 1.4.4. I also have the Netbeans IDE

I have a program written in Fortran 90 which I would like to put a java interface on. I read your article and others regarding making calls from c++ to fortran, and so I've pretty much written out the necessary java code as well as C++.

I'd just like to know how to compile all of this, step by step. I'm pretty new to Windows programming and I'm slowly taking in different aspects of these visual tools, so I hope you'll bear with me if some of my questions seem pretty elementary =)

Thanks a lot!

Sarosh

0 Kudos
sarosh
Beginner

PS - The program I'm working on will call from the command line.

Sarosh

0 Kudos
sarosh
Beginner

Just bumping this up for Lorri =)

Sarosh

0 Kudos
sarosh
Beginner

Bumping this up for Lorri again (still haven't resolved the compiler issues).

Sarosh

0 Kudos
engineerik
Beginner
Lorri,
The link to your article on calling Fortran from Java does not work anymore. Can you post a new link to the article?
Thanks,
Erik Warren
0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee
RE: reposting a pointer.
Ah - that will have to wait for Steve to do. I don't have access to the newsletter articles.
RE: Previous questions
Hmm ... sorry, I didn't see the "bumped" message. I was on vacation that week, and I must have simply chosen to skip new messages. I'll take a look when I get a chance.
0 Kudos
engineerik
Beginner
Steve,
Do you have a time frame for access to the article in question?
Any expediting you can do on this particular article would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Erik Warren
0 Kudos
engineerik
Beginner
Oops... I didn't realize I was Shouting
I didn't mean to.
Erik
0 Kudos