Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Keep Project on a Network Drive

e_shahraeeni
Beginner
Hi there,
I wonder how can I keep my project on a Network drive instead of local hard drive. I have a project working fine when it is on my own computer hard drive, but as soon as I copy it to a network drive, I get "Compilation Aborted (code 1)" when I compile it as Debug due to internal error. I've attached the buildLog.
Any comment would be highly appreciated.
Ebrahim
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Are you sure it's the network drive that is the issue? The log you attached shows quite a few successful compilations. If you'll attach a ZIP of your project, we'll be glad to take a look. Many users have their sources on a network share, though compile performance will suffer if you do.

Actually, before you do anything else, please update the compiler to the current Update 5. You are using the first 12.0 release and we have fixed many issues since then. Log in to the Intel Registration Center to see updates.
0 Kudos
e_shahraeeni
Beginner
Hi Steve,
Here is all the project Routines. It also uses umfpack library as a linear solver. all your comments and remarks (not only the ones related to the original question) would be highly appreciated.
Best,
Ebrahim
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I need the .vfproj file.
0 Kudos
e_shahraeeni
Beginner
... Here you are.
Ebrahim
0 Kudos
e_shahraeeni
Beginner
... Here you are.
Ebrahim
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I was able to successfully build your project using 12.0.5.221 when the project was on a network drive. I suggest that you download and install Update 5 and try again.
0 Kudos