Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

LNK1104 missing mkl_lapack.lib mkl_ia32.lib

warpino
Beginner
Hi,

using Intel Fortran Compiler for Windows Professional Version 11.1 to build windows 32-bit applications. I'm getting LNK1104 about missing libraries mkl_lapack.lib, mkl_ia32.lib, etc. In effect, when looking in the mkl\ia32\lib folder I cannot find those libraries (there's a mkl_lapack95.lib, anyway). Do you have any suggestion about how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

w.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
How about the link advisor tool on the MKL forum page? Yes, the MKL library organization has changed over the years, so you may as well discard old documentation.
0 Kudos
warpino
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
How about the link advisor tool on the MKL forum page? Yes, the MKL library organization has changed over the years, so you may as well discard old documentation.
I'm sorry but I didn't really understand. I tried to use the link advisor tool, but some of the file names that come out are not on my computer. I'm trying to link some pre-compiled (closed source) files with a home made subroutine.

N.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'd guess that the precompiled library you're using was built against an older version of MKL. MKL has changed its library names and structures over the past couple of releases. You will probably need to find out which version of MKL was used and install the older version. I suggest asking in the MKL section of the forum for more help.
0 Kudos