Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

License problem with 2018u1 and later

Petr_Parik
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a problem installing 2018 update 1 and any later version of Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux. The GUI installer complains the license server does not have a valid license for the product and does not let me continue.

I am able to get through the license activation on the 2018 initial release, so the problem lies elsewhere.

The license server actually runs several licenses, combined in the same file: 2018 Fortran/C++ Linux, 2018 Fortran/C++ Windows, and expired but still used 2013 Fortran Linux. Is it possible the installers in 2018u1 and later mismatch the old license and refuse install?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If the licenses which were checked all expire prior to the issue of the update, it would explain your problem.  If you renewed during that interval, you (the account named on the license) may need to download a new license copy and place it among or replace a linux license. The update installer should have suggested installation of a new license if required, but I suppose it may go through without it, particularly as you appear to use a floating license server. For more serious problems you should file a request at supporttickets.intel.com.

0 Kudos
Petr_Parik
Beginner

We have two recent licenses, Linux & Windows, valid from April 2018 until April 2021. Did the license files change since April?

0 Kudos
Petr_Parik
Beginner

Moreover, the license is from Apr 2018, and it works only with 2018u0 (Aug 2017) but not with 2018u1 (Oct 2017) & 2018u2 (Apr 2018).

0 Kudos
Petr_Parik
Beginner

It seems the problem has been solved by installing the original Intel Software License Manager. We use a lot of licensed software so our admin just plugged the Intel licenses into already installed third-party license manager - it worked fine with 2018u0 but not with any newer version.

0 Kudos